1. I am professor in psychology, consulting and health promozion at the University of Applied Sciences in Fulda/Germany.
Former and present fields of research are: psychic/ social conflicts and somatic symptoms as „solution“, public health, individual and collective trauma, psychodynamics of war, dynamics of groups and organizations, supervision (e.g. in Germany: consulting) in organizations, leadership (business and politics) and profiling political leaders.
Other activities related with these are: consulting and coaching in different settings, particularly in medical and social organizations; organizing lectures, seminars and workshops in psychoanalytical and social-psychological subjects - for example the Epoc-Seminar in Frankfurt 1999, 2000 and 2001 on the general topic of „The organization in the mind“.
2. I am also adjunct professor (privatdozent) at the Free University of Berlin/ Germany, Department for Sociology, teaching sociology and socialpsychology and lecturer and training analyst for psychoanalytic low frequency psychotherapy at the Frankfurt Psychoanalytic Institute. At this institute I am a member of the board of directors since 2000 .
3. I´ve studied Law, Sociology and Psychology in Frankfurt and Berlin (Germany) and have finished all these studies with their respective degree.
4. I`ve been working before getting my tenure as professor in Fulda:
Institute for Sociology at Free University Berlin 1977-1983, Berlin
Sigmund-Freud-Institute, Frankfurt, 1979-1980
Psychiatric Hospital, Clinic of the city Offenbach 1983-1988
Psychiatric Clinic of the University Clinic Frankfurt, Dept. for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic 1988-1993
5. I am a psychoanalyst, psychotherapist, supervisor and consultant in private practice in Frankfurt/ Germany.
6. I was trained in psychoanalysis at the Sigmund-Freud-Institut in Frankfurt, graduating 1990, in Balint group technique at the University Clinic Frankfurt, Center for Psychiatry, Dept. for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, ending up 1993 and in organizational consulting by EPOC (European Psychodynamic Organizational Consulting), in its first course 1996 – 1998.
Statement of Interest
Cultures and organizations as well as individuals and groups are driven by unconscious forces, sometimes helpful, sometimes awful and destructive. To know them and to know how to deal with them is helpful and important for the person affected and necessary for everyone who is a professional in working with people.