THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE HAS SETTLED A SUPPORT SYSTEM TO MAKE THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS FEEL COMFORTABLE.
Fulda – A City for all
Whatever country you come from, you will feel at home in Fulda. There is a large number of café bars, pubs and restaurants catering for all preferences. Fulda is a small but charming, safe city.
It is also worth getting out of the city to explore the nice surrounding area, the Rhön. Berlin, Hamburg and Munich are just three hours away by train.
- Accomodation is guaranteed to all international postgraduate students, first-year students from Africa, Asia and Arabia and exchange students
- We provide good residential accommodation at a reasonable price (between 220 € and 260 € including utilities)
- There are always living groups with 3-4 individual study rooms and communal kitchen and bathroom. Each study room is equipped with bed, desk, study chair and closet
- We provide special accommodation for married students or students with families and for students with disabilities
- The International Office provides advice and information on all University services, as well as providing advice on visas, finances, employment and life in Germany
Free Train Station Collection
- The University provides a “Meet and Greet” service so that the international students are met by a University representative when they arrive at the train station
International Student Welcome and Orientation Programm
· To help the student’s settle in for the first few days, the University offers a series of information sessions and activities to allow the students to meet with other new international students and to answer their questions on a wide range of topics
- The activities range from advice on University procedures, opening a bank account, campus and city tours, to social evenings
Programme throughout the Semester
- Each semester one excursion (for example Berlin, Weimar, Christmas Market Nürnberg etc.)
- Social evenings with German students twice a month
- Visiting cultural events (concerts, cinema etc.)
- Free use of general university equipment: computer pools, internet, e-mail etc.
- Continous guidance by student tutors
Sport Activities and German Courses
- Free weekly training in the following sport activities: Belly Dancing, Break-Dance, Soccer, Irish-Stepdance, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Hockey, Thai-Bo
- The University offers German courses on different levels during the semester for international students
Ms. Maria Campuzano
SSC, Room 8
Phone: +49-661-9640 105
Ms. Ulrike Wiegand
SSC, Room 8
Phone: +49-661-9640 918