The Freunde und Förderer der Hochschul- und Landesbibliothek Fulda e.V. (Friends and Sponsors of the HLB Fulda e.V.) was formed in 1992 as a charitable organisation, with the aim of supporting and sponsoring certain areas of what was then the Hessen State Library, now the University and State Library in Fulda (HLB Fulda):
- To make its expensive, old collections more accessible to the interested public,
- To develop the library’s role as a lending library offering a modern service and current literature, and therefore, increasing the library’s cultural role in the region,
- To guarantee the library’s function as a scientific library through close cooperation with other scientific and educational bodies in the region,
- To give the library a greater public persona through public lectures, readings, music evenings and discussion rounds, and to gain new users and spark interest,
- To increase the significance of the book as a cultural and educational artefact and to encourage reading,
- To stimulate, encourage and support library projects (e.g. book sponsorships, journal sponsorships)
Membership costs 20 euro per year.
Further information and application forms (pdf 22kb, German) are available from
Hochschul- und Landesbibliothek Fulda
Tel. 06 61 / 96 40-9 71
- Tuesday, 25.08. - "Wie ein erfolgreicher Verlag entsteht" - Der Verleger Dr. Michael Imhof, Petersberg stellt seinen Verlag vor.
7.30pm in the HLB library’s reading room – free entry.
Further subjects - still without date
- Schüler lesen Texte von Michael Ende - anlässlich des 80. Geburtstages des Schriftstellers
Expected end of October
Last update: Aug. 2009